Summer 2024 Graduation Information

Information for Summer 2024 College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Grads

PLEASE read thoroughly for important information on finishing your degree. If one or more of these requirements are not met, your degree may not be granted. Please check your KU email regularly for alerts regarding important steps or missing paperwork.

Graduation Steps

  1. Apply for graduation in Enroll & Pay by April 12, 2024 to receive a priority degree audit. The final deadline to apply for summer 2024 graduation is July 15,  2024. If your academic plans change after you apply for graduation please notify College Undergraduate Academic Services in 109 Strong Hall, email at or call 785-864-3500. Instructions to apply for graduation are available here: Graduation | Office of the University Registrar ( Please apply for graduation for the term you plan to FINISH your degree requirements.
  2. Final advising appointment:  Schedule an appointment with your major and/or minor advisor to be certain you’re enrolled in all courses needed to complete all of your outstanding graduation requirements. You may need to receive official approvals from your major or minor department and/or complete paperwork to ensure your eligibility to graduate. You should have your final advising appointment before the first day of summer classes.

Do any of the following apply to you? You are responsible for meeting the following deadlines:

  • Study Abroad Paperwork, Petitions, and Coursework
    • If you have completed a study abroad program, it is beneficial for you to complete the necessary paperwork so your coursework posts before your last semester. You should not wait to petition a general education requirement in your last semester. Waiting to take action with either of these may delay your graduation.
    • March 1, 2024
    • Deadline by which all coursework must be posted to your KU record.  Please note that if your study abroad coursework posts after this deadline, you will need to apply for graduation in a future semester.
    • August 16, 2024
  • Incomplete Grades
    • If you are finishing an incomplete to fulfill graduation requirements, your instructor must submit your grade to the Office of the University Registrar.
    • *Any remaining Incompletes on your academic record will be calculated as an “F”. As of Fall ’09, Incomplete grades will be converted to an “F” one year after the incomplete is assigned or upon graduation. If either causes your KU GPA or KU Major Junior/Senior GPA to drop below a 2.0, your degree will not be granted.
    • August 2, 2024
  • Transfer Credit
    • If you are taking courses at another institution to complete graduation requirements, your official transcript must be received by the Office of Admissions & Scholarships: 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045.  Official electronic transcripts can be sent to  A minimum grade of C must be earned for a course to transfer to KU.
    • If you have concerns about transfer work, please contact your academic advisor.
    • It is YOUR responsibility to provide official transcripts. Transcripts received after the deadline can delay your degree completion term.
    • Aug. 15, 2024
  • Exam Credit
    • If you are planning to complete graduation requirements with exam credit, you should not wait to take the exam in your last semester. Waiting to take the exam may delay your graduation.
    • Exam credit that posts to your record after the deadline can delay your degree completion term.
    • Aug. 16, 2024   
  • Honors Intent Forms
    • If you are pursuing departmental honors, complete an Honors Intent Form which must be signed by your honors advisor. Submit the form to College Undergraduate Academic Services, (If you do not meet the deadline, you will not be listed in the spring commencement program)
    • July 15, 2024

Commencement: There is not a summer 2024 graduation ceremony. Students who graduate in the summer 2024 term will receive an invitation to the College fall 2024 graduation ceremony, tentatively planned for December 15, 2024 at the Lied Center.

Diploma:  If you’ve applied for graduation, the Office of the University Registrar automatically places an order for your original (first) diploma for you to pick up in person at the KU Visitor Center (bring a picture ID). You may request your diploma be mailed to you instead by placing a diploma delivery request in Enroll & Pay. For more detailed information, visit the Registrar's website here: Diplomas | Office of the University Registrar (