Fall 2023 Graduation Information
Information for Fall 2023 College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Grads
PLEASE read thoroughly for important information on finishing your degree. If one or more of these requirements are not met, your degree may not be granted. Please check your KU email regularly for alerts regarding important steps or missing paperwork. **DUE TO CONTINUALLY EVOLVING CIRCUMSTANCES RELATED TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, ALL DATES/DEADLINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR ADVISOR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.**
- Apply for graduation in Enroll & Pay by July 7, 2023 to receive an early graduation review.
The final deadline to apply for graduation for Fall 2023 is November 1, 2023. If your academic plans change after you apply for graduation please notify College Undergraduate Academic Services, firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions to apply for graduation available here: https://registrar.ku.edu/graduation
Please apply for graduation for the term you plan to FINISH your degree requirements.
- Final advising appointment:
Make an appointment with your major and/or minor advisor to be certain you’re enrolled in all courses needed to complete all your outstanding graduation requirements. You may need to receive official approvals from your major or minor department and/or complete paperwork to ensure your eligibility to graduate. You should have your final advising appointment before the first day of fall classes.
Do any of the following apply to you? You are responsible for meeting the following deadlines:
- Study Abroad Paperwork, Petitions, and Coursework
- If you have completed a study abroad program, it is beneficial for you to complete the necessary paperwork so your coursework posts before your last semester. You should not wait to petition a general education requirement in your last semester. Waiting to take action with either of these may delay your graduation.
- May 1, 2023 - Deadline by which all paperwork should be submitted.
- Jan. 12, 2024 - Deadline by which all coursework must be posted to your KU record. Please note that if your study abroad coursework posts after this deadline, you will need to apply for graduation in a future semester.
- Incomplete Grades
- If you are finishing an incomplete to fulfill graduation requirements, your instructor must submit your grade to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Any remaining Incompletes on your academic record will be calculated as an “F”. As of Fall ’09, Incomplete grades will be converted to an “F” one year after the incomplete is assigned or upon graduation. If either causes your KU GPA or KU Major Junior/Senior GPA to drop below a 2.0, your degree will not be granted.
- Dec. 22, 2023
- Transfer Credit
- If you are taking courses at another institution to complete graduation requirements, your official transcript must be received by the Office of Admissions & Scholarships, 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045. Official electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com. A minimum grade of C must be earned for a course to transfer to KU.
- If you have concerns about transfer work, please contact your academic advisor.
- It is YOUR responsibility to provide official transcripts. Transcripts received after the deadline can delay your degree completion term.
- Jan. 11, 2024
- Exam Credit
- If you are planning to complete graduation requirements with exam credit, you should not wait to take the exam in your last semester. Waiting to take the exam may delay your graduation.
- Exam credit that posts to your record after the deadline can delay your degree completion term.
- Jan. 12, 2024
- Honors Intent Forms
- If you are pursuing departmental honors, complete an Honors Intent Form which must be signed by your honors advisor. Submit the form to College Undergraduate Academic Services, firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not meet the deadline, you will not be listed in the spring commencement program)
- Nov. 1, 2023
Recognition Ceremony: The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Fall 2023 graduation ceremony is tentatively planned for December 10, 2023 at the Lied Center. If you’ve applied for Fall 2023 graduation, you will receive an invitation via an email in November. Please note: the fall recognition ceremony is currently tentative due to the ever-evolving circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please watch your email for details.
Diploma: If you’ve applied for graduation, the Office of the University Registrar automatically places an order for your original (first) diploma for you to pick up in person at the KU Visitor Center (bring a picture ID). You may request your diploma be mailed to you instead by placing a diploma delivery request in Enroll & Pay. Information on diplomas can be found on the Registar's Diploma website.