Are you ready to Graduate?
Fall of Senior Year (or your second to last semester)
- Apply for Graduation: Log into Enroll & Pay > Click on Enroll & Pay in the MainMenu > Click on Degree Progress/Graduation > Click on KU Apply for Graduation
- Meet with your College major advisor and College minor advisor: your departmental advisor(s) will assist you in completing any applicable graduation paperwork and/or assist you with acquiring documentation of any approved major/minor substitutions.
- Resolve incomplete grades: work with your instructor(s) to make sure that you are on-track to completing any outstanding incomplete grades before graduation.
- Confirm that study abroad credits have posted to your KU record: review your Advising Report and make sure that any study abroad coursework has posted. If not,contact the KU Office of Study Abroad & Global Engagement to find out what materials you still need tosubmit.
- Submit your intent to pursue departmental honors: if you are completing departmental honors requirements in your major, be sure to submit the departmental honors intent form to 109 Strong Hall.
- Communicate transfer credit information and be aware of guidelines: contact your Graduation Advisor if you plan to transfer in coursework from another institution and carefully review the following information-
- It is your responsibility to verify the courses that you are enrolled in atanother institution transfer to KU as the courses needed. You may look this up on the CredTran website.
- You must earn a minimum grade of C for a course to transfer to KU.
- You should have your official transcript sent to: KU Office of Admissions,1502 Iowa St., Lawrence, KS 66045. If your transfer institution offersofficial electronic transcripts, you may have one sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with your Graduation Advisor to make sure that all transfer credit willpost to your official KU record by the graduation deadline.
Spring of Senior Year (or your final semester)
- Review your Degree Progress Report: make sure that you are enrolled in all degree requirements that are not currently checked off.
- Review your Advising Report: confirm that any incomplete grades have been changed to an assigned letter grade and confirm that any previously outstanding study abroad coursework has posted.
- Send transcripts: request that any institution at which you’ve completed coursework other than KU is prepared to send your transcript to KU Admissions once any currently enrolled coursework has been completed.
- Get ready to walk down the hill: visit the KU Bookstore for all of your graduation needs including invitations and a cap and gown.
- Prepare for ceremonies: keep an eye on your registered KU email for information about applicable graduation ceremonies and visit the commencement website for information about walking down the hill.